1. On receipt of your completed booking form and deposit we will reserve your holiday. Your booking is taken to be confirmed and accepted in respect of all persons traveling when we dispatch our invoice to the person signing the booking form.
2. Your completed booking form showing all clients must be accompanied by a £600 non-returnable deposit. Bookings are non transferable. The person signing the booking form confirms that he/she has the authority of all other persons included in the holiday to make the booking on their behalf and that he/she has read and accepted these booking terms & conditions. The deposit of £600 is accepted as part payment towards the total cost of the holiday.
3. a) The balance of the cost of the holiday must be paid no later than 10 weeks before departure, or as we may otherwise specify. If you book within 10 weeks of departure you must pay the total cost of your holiday at the time of booking.
b) If unconditional payment of the balance is not received by us by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, forfeit any deposit made and levy a cancellation charge as though there had been a cancellation in accordance with paragraph 5.
4. The price of your holiday is fully guaranteed.
5. In the event you cancel your confirmed booking, it can only be accepted if it is in writing from the person who signed the booking form, and the following cancellation charges will apply:
- 0-4 weeks before holiday date – full payment will be retained.
- 4-10 weeks – 50% of outstanding balance payment will be retained.
6. a) All passport, visa and health certificate requirements are your responsibility and we accept no responsibility for any delay or expense incurred through any irregularity in your documents.
b) We reserve the right immediately to terminate the services we are contractually obliged to provide to you if we, our employees or agents or any other appropriate person in authority in any place judge your behaviour likely to cause discomfort or harm to our other clients or any other person or property. In these circumstances the appropriate cancellation fee will apply and we will not be liable to you for any refund or compensation or any costs or damage which you may incur.
7. Force Majeure. We will not be liable for loss or delay occasioned by any of the following:- Strikes, Riots, Political Unrest, Hostilities, War or threat of war, Terrorist Activity, Industrial Disputes, Fire, Flood, Technical/Weather problems to transport, Closure of Ports, Weather conditions, or any other event(s) beyond our control.
8. Clients are required to have an appropriate travel/holiday insurance policy in force for the period of the holiday.
9. Whenever possible, any changes to the booking requested after the written confirmation of booking is sent out to you will be accommodated dependant on the nature of the changes, additional costs could be incurred.
10. The holiday booked cannot be assigned. Only the persons shown on the booking form are permitted on site. Pets are not permitted.
11. Jurisdiction: Signature of the booking form constitutes acceptance of the contract on these terms subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
12. Complaints procedure: If you consider that you have cause for complaint whilst in France, the complaint must be notified to the Fishery Manager/Owner in the first instance. In most cases problems can be resolved if this procedure is followed. Any complaint addressed to Lac De Paix in the UK must be received no later than 10 days after the last day of your Lac De Paix holiday.
13. It is our customers responsibility to obtain adequate personal insurance to cover their person, vehicle and possessions for the duration of their journey and their time at Lac De Piax. All visitors are reminded that their visit to the fishery is undertaken entirely at their own risk. We accept no responsibility for damage to persons their possessions or their vehicle whilst on site.